Saturday, December 28, 2013

Review- Euphoria by Erin Noelle

Overall rating- 4 out of 5 Stars

Holy. Freaking. Cow.

I am still wiping tears from my eyes, literally.

Just to let you know in advance, if you have not read the prior books in this series (Metamorphosis and Ambrosia) there may be SPOILERS.

I woke up at 1:30AM and couldn't go back to sleep(which has been happening more often than I'd like). So, I do what I normally do, and read until I feel tired again. Not only did that not happen but now I am typing away (wide awake may I add) about this, now finished, book that has left me... devastated? Happy? No, not happy. Maybe, devastatingly happy? If that makes any kind of sense. Maybe once you read the series and get to the ending, it will.

The curve ball thrown in this book completely blindsided me even after I knew SOMETHING was coming I just wasn't sure what. I feel like I wasn't given a chance to recover after what I read before getting to better things in the story. It's like, when you're a kid and someone takes away your favorite candy and you're just left there like "I want my candy back!" and your parents tell you "Get over it, it's just candy" and your sitting there like "Just candy?! That was a Snickers Crunch! That was not JUST candy!" Then in an attempt to shut you up they give you a regular Snickers. Which, by all means, is just as good if not better in any other situation but in this one you just want your Snickers Crunch back.

Okay, so the candy reference IS a little ridiculous but if you knew me you'd know that I take my candy pretty seriously. The point is, it's just not the same.

The book continues following Scarlett, Ash, and Mase. Things seem to be going pretty well for everyone, I wouldn't say perfect but, as Mase puts it, they're all striving towards their "Euphoria". Taking the steps they're all hoping will get them there.

Then...

WHAM!

*Cue the water works*

Although it does end with who I was rooting for, it honestly makes me want to read the series again and root for the other love interest and hope the book magically ends differently with everyone happy.

I do recommend the series, however, prepare yourself emotionally. Also, I'm a huge fan of the book list and song list that goes along with this series. Definitely check them both out!

I'm new to this so hopefully I didn't give away too much or not enough. Any advice GOOD or BAD is greatly appreciated!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment