Monday, March 10, 2014

Unfamiliar by Komal Kant and Erica Cope


Synopsis-
Hailey Peters has always held onto the familiar. From the way she wears her hair, to dating her childhood friend-turned high school sweetheart--she sticks with what she knows, and she’s convinced herself that this is what makes her happy.
Chase Lancaster doesn’t play by the rules. He’s a classically trained pianist who rocks out in a punk rock band every weekend, and isn’t afraid of taking chances.
When they are assigned to co-write a song for their college music class, Hailey can’t imagine anyone she has anything less in common with than Chase. She is a sweater-wearing, neat freak, and he is disheveled and rough around the edges. As they spend time together, they both find a place in each other’s lives—a place where they challenge each other to be different and to embrace the unfamiliar.
Hailey never planned for a Chase Lancaster in her life, and she is about to find out that this walking contradiction will change her forever.



Review (non-spoiler)

(5 out of 5 STARS)


Do you want to know what's better than a new release from your favorite author? A new release from TWO of your favorite authors packed into ONE freaking amazing book!

Let me start off by telling you a little back story (I'll make it short... Kind of). I've always been a reader but these last few years my reading has increased A LOT. I usually search around Amazon and look for my next favorite book. I came across Komal's book Falling for Hadie. Although it is the second book in the With Me series, it can also be read as a stand alone. Saying I fell in love with it is putting it lightly. I was crying like a baby when it ended not only because of the way it ended but because there were no more pages. Needless to say, I became a Komal Kant fan. I followed her Facebook page and she had a contest going one day to win In the Shadows by Erica Cope. It's the second book in the Lark series so I made sure to read Lark first (These books shouldn't be read as stand alone's). I was thrown into the world of light and dark Elves and IT. WAS. AWESOME!

Basically, these ladies write amazing books and when I found out they were writing a book together I went fan girl crazy.

With all that said, I had huge expectations for this book but when I started reading, my thoughts on who wrote this amazing story were forgotten temporarily. I was sucked into the lives of Hailey and Chase with no chance at escaping. The characters lives were projected into my mind as a real story unraveling before my eyes. My attention was captured with no hopes of release.


It's a story beautifully told from both Hailey and Chase's perspectives. Hailey is an 18 year old college freshman trying to keep every detail of her life in order even when the realities of her life threaten to deconstruct her carefully put together system she still tries to keep it in control in every way. That is until tattooed muscled hottie Chase comes crashing into her life. At first they can't stand each other, you may even say they hate each other but soon that changes.

Chase is in a pop-punk band and he is a total contradiction. He was raised with his life being lined up for him but he went against the plans his parents set and became who he wanted to be with no cares of his parents wishes.

Overall, I'd say this book is a MUST READ! It exceeded all expectations. You can count on me reading it again.. and again... and probably again and again. The chemistry between the two was captured perfectly. I was laughing and at times getting frustrated. I may or may not have called Chase a douche a few times but he always redeems himself. Hailey definitely has her moments too but as the story comes to wrap up it was all worth it. They are an ideal book couple. They aren't perfect and that's exactly what makes them perfect... If that makes since to you at all.

Purchase Link- Amazon
Facebook Links- Erica Cope and Komal Kant


Also, there is a song in the book that is actually a real song by the real band Get Busy Living! The lead singers name is Chase and he was the muse for the Chase in Unfamiliar. He's also on the cover of the book and most of the book teasers. Just a little fun fact :-)

Facebook Page- Get Busy Living

Here's the video for Unfamiliar by Get Busy Living-


No comments:

Post a Comment