Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: Succumbing to Scars and Sorrow





(non-spoiler review)

This amazing book took me longer to read because life got in the way. If I had a choice in the matter I would have locked myself in my room and devoured every single word. Which, is kind of what I did with the first book.
Mary managed to do it again. My emotions were all over the place with this story. My heart broke again and again for Lyla but I was also happy that she finally found someone.
Without giving away any of the twists, I will say that I didn’t see them coming. A few of the chapters ended to explosively that I couldn’t swipe the page quick enough.
This is without a doubt another 5 star read. It has a little bit of everything and this time around there’s always a light to help Lyla out in her darkness. I absolutely loved it.

1 comment: