Thursday, May 29, 2014

Review for Hate to Love You by Elise Alden

Hate to Love YouHate to Love You by Elise Alden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**ARC provided via NetGalley**
Rating: 5 Fudging Stars
Synopsis: The book blurb had me intrigued the moment I read it. Paisley is an eighteen year old girl whose family doesn't care for her. They label her the liar, the slut, trash. So when her older sister and worst enemy comes home with her new fiance James, Paisley instantly hates him to. But her body disagrees. She decides to take revenge on her sister and uses James to do it. Flash forward seven years, Paisley is now grown up and wanting to make amends with all the lies she has told. But the truth also has its consequences and Paisley learns that nothing in life is easy.
Likes: EVERYTHING! I was literally hooked from the first page, not wanting to put it down. The story line had my interest before I had even opened the book, but as the pages started turning I knew that I would love this. Paisleys character is funny, witty, and straight to the point. I'll admit, at first I wanted to reach in and smack her for what she had done. What an immature thing to do, but then as the story progressed and we got more into her mind I felt for her. I wished I could take away her pain for what she had done, and wished she could have her happily every after. James was HOT! Bossy, sweet, angry, caring, jealous....everything. My heart hurt for him when the truth came out. I honestly would never want to be in either one of their shoes. I wanted them both to be happy, but I wasn't sure how they could pull through all their struggles. Ryan was sweet and I'm glad we got to meet him. I'm so very happy how the story played out. All things went into place, and all my questions were answered. The author Elise Alden did an amazing job. It's completely different than anything out there. I will most certainly read anything else Elise puts out there. I now have a new author crush.
Dislikes: NOT needed for this review!
Overall I LOVED this story. Loved the characters, the dialogue, the "eye dialogue", the story line, EVERYTHING. This is a book that I could read again and still enjoy numerous times over. I'm sure there are some people that would want to put it down after the initial trash at the bash but PLEASE for the love all things books, don't. Read it to the end, and then read it all again.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment