Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review of Crave by Violet Vaughn

CraveCrave by Violet Vaughn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**ARC received by publisher via NetGalley for honest review**


Rating: 4.5
Synopsis: Casey is a young woman who knows what she wants out of life, but unfortunately the man she loves doesn't reciprocate the same wants. After realizing she needs to distance herself from Jason, she moves from Vermont to Breckenridge to pursue a ski instructor job. Along the way she meets Blaine. He is everything and more that she wanted for herself. She is torn between her feelings for both Jason and Blaine, and has to figure out what is more important in her life.
Likes: The book starts out right away, no waiting to meet the characters. I feel like we really got a good look in to Casey's mind and I felt for her. She had to make difficult decisions that would ultimately effect the rest of her life. I don't know how I would react if I was in her predicament either. Love or Family? I wouldn't want to choose. the secondary characters where great, and I look forward to the next installment with perhaps more of them and their stories. I'm usually not one to like a love-triangle but this was completely different than that, and I loved the twist.
Dislikes: I wish we would have gotten to know more about Jason. Yes, he briefly talked about his past, but that just didn't seem like enough. I found it odd that Casey and him were so much in love but yet she didn't know these things about him. I also found the sentences to be a bit choppy at some points, but that is just my personal opinion. I think the author was doing it on purpose, but it irritated me a little.
Overall I would recommend this to other readers. I enjoyed it very much.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment