Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Review- Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher



5 out of 5 STARS! (Am I allowed to give more?)

Review by Erika


*This review contains NO spoilers.

This may be a horrible idea to write a review directly after I’ve finished this book. When a book affects me like this one has, my mind needs to absorb it for a few days. Sometimes there’s a fine line between loving a book and hating it. Do my feelings matter when the book is amazingly written? It’s dark, beautiful, heart wrenching, freeing…
 Tarryn wrote this book exquisitely. Mud Vein was written with a classic style and a contemporary twist. I couldn’t get enough of it.
There were instances when I thought Senna was crazy but in reality she was just broken and Tarryn conveyed that perfectly. I felt like I was on the emotional coaster with her. Life is shitty and I’m so happy that Tarryn didn’t sugarcoat it like a lot of writers do. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love HEA’s but sometimes you need a splash of soul crushing reality. Life isn’t all HEA’s. It’s freaking hard, for some more than others.
By the end it was bittersweet. I wanted so badly for certain things to change but they never did. I can’t say I agree with how things unraveled but I think it still managed to end how it was supposed to. I’m going to have one hell of a book hangover from this one but my, oh my, was it worth it.

I also don’t think I can convey enough how much I love her writing style, it really does remind me of some of my absolute favorite writers. Although this book has blown up, I don’t think it has nearly as much as it deserves. Her writing is crack and I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment