Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Interview with NY Times Best-Selling Author Colleen Hoover


I emailed Colleen Hoover asking for a possible interview, or anything at all really, because it's Colleen freaking Hoover! Never did I imagine she would message me back. Not that I thought that in a bad way at all it's just that she's an extremely busy person and she's probably writing some more amazing books.
Imagine my excitement when I checked my email and she messaged me back. I was FREAKING out. Seriously, I was a squealing mess.
Anyways, she was awesome enough to let me ask her a few questions. So without further rambling... Here they are :-)


What was your inspiration to start writing?
A line in one of my favorite Avett Brothers songs that says, "Decide what to be and go be it".

Who's your favorite Author?
It's really hard to choose just one but I love John Green.

What book(s) have influenced your life the most?
I honestly wasn't a big reader before I started writing. When I did read, they were usually true crime stories, not fiction. So, I wasn't really influenced by any books, as weird as that may sound!

What was the inspiration behind the Hopeless series?
I never really know what inspires my stories. I have new ideas for stories all the time, but they don't usually turn into anything. The story behind Hopeless is one that I just couldn't get out of my head once it got there. I had to write it down.

What was the inspiration behind the Slammed series?
Slammed was a little different because it was my first book. I really wanted to write something that included slam poetry, so that was the basis and inspiration for that story. 

Did you ever think your books would become big hits like they did?
Not at all. I wasn't even planning on trying to get them published. I really only self-published so my friends and family could get my book on their kindles! I was shocked when the sales started to take off. 

What are your current projects?
I just turned in two books to my publisher: Maybe Someday (March 18) and Ugly Love (August 5). Also, Atria just announced that they will be releasing Finding Cinderella IN PRINT on March 18!

What made you come up with the idea to do a soundtack with Maybe Someday?
I really enjoyed including slam poetry and Avett Brothers lyrics in Slammed, and readers responded positively to it as well. So, I thought it would be cool to take a step forward and actually create original music and lyrics for the book!

(A question asked by a fellow fan and a follower of My Book Inspired Ramblings) What's the name of the song Will played for Layken?
Offering by The Avett Brothers


Colleen Hoovers current books. Maybe Someday will be released next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment