Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Life's a Cappella by Yessi Smith (Meet the Author and Review)

**Review at bottom of post

Meet Yessi Smith
Author




I’m a Hispanic living in South Florida with my redneck husband
from Texas and our “half breed” son, who is actually the reason I started
writing again after years of celibacy. My son loves stories, but not the kind
you can read in an existing book. No, he’d rather make up a story, complete
with our own illustrations. So, thank you, Son, for igniting a flame I had let
go out.

I also live with two dogs: a neurotic Border Collie we call
Nitro and a midget Rottweiler named Nisa.
I have always found my sanctuary at the beach and in music and
writing. I wish I could write rhymes so I could become a famous rapper, but
rhyming is completely lost on me.

I have a Bachelor’s
degree in Business Management and a Master’s in Human Resource Management. I
have held several jobs, from picking up dog crap to upper management positions.
And now I am hoping to leave the business world behind so I can live full time
in a world that does not exist until I place my fingers on.






Synopsis
I want to tell you how
great my life was. How I lived without regrets. With constant laughter. Without
any tears. I want to tell you how I lived each moment to the fullest. How each
breath I took was fresh and full of life. With eagerness. Without any fear.
I want to tell you all
of that, but then my story would be masked with lies and not worth telling.
My life didn’t start
until I left my past. And I left everything. My mother, my friends, my name.
My new name, the name
everyone knows me by is Erin Lewis.
Four years after finding
the courage to leave her hometown in Alabama, Erin is finally happy with where
her life has led her. Not only is she secure in her environment, but the
relationships she has formed center her, making her forget how damaged she once
was. Before she can fully settle into her new life, her past crashes into her
present, unraveling a set of events that destroy the very foundation she has
built her new life on.



Excerpts from Life’s A
Cappella















Reviews of Life’s A Cappella


















Connect with Yessi Smith


Add Life’s
A Cappella to your To Be Read List



My Review


(4.5 out of 5 Stars)


Oh my goodness. That's the first thing I think as I remember this book. Yessi Smith Delivers quite a story, and she does so wonderfully. I was immediately sucked into this story. I wanted to know everything there was to know about Erin and I was not disappointed.
When I review I try to do so without there being any spoilers but this one may be hard to express what I felt without telling you what exactly happened but I will show you a couple of the notes I took while reading...

~I'm only partially through the book but I needed to start writing what I feel while I feel it. A bomb was just dropped and it literally gave me chills. CHILLS! Holy hell, Yessi Smith, I did not see that coming AT ALL. You clever woman. I'm going to keep reading now because I have to see how this drama unfolds...

~Now I'm starting to get teary eyed... Even my heart is racing. OMG.

~No, she did not. no no no no. 

Those are only a few. The emotions this book brought out in me was unexpected. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying, good books always affect me on a deep emotional level but this one hit home.
There are very serious story lines in this book but there are also parts where I was left giggling like a little girl. When I read the part about "Chewie" I had to take a book break because I was laughing so hard. I became attached to these characters and I am very much looking forward to her next book which is only days away!
I highly recommend this read!


No comments:

Post a Comment